The 2020 LTC Phoenix Admirals regatta will be sailed in the picturesque waters of Hout Bay from 20 – 22 March 2020.
Not only is the Admirals Regatta the most versatile regatta that Cape Town has to offer – it is also the only offshore dinghy regatta on the Cape Town dinghy sailing calendar.
Admirals regatta offers three different bridges and race officers – dinghies and small catamarans, small inshore keelboats, and offshore keelboats.
Offshore, the regatta offers an ORC racing class and a medium distance ORC and PHRF sailing class.
Here’s why YOU should enter:
• Unbelievable entry fees: Keelboats – R300 per keelboat including the skipper and R100 for every additional crew member. Dinghies and small catamarans – R100 per dinghy or small catamaran and skipper, and R50 per crew member
• Complimentary meal on Friday night for all competitors
• Snacks on Sunday at prize giving
• A free craft beer and a shooter for every sailor after the John Coles Trophy race on Saturday
• It is the only offshore dinghy event in the 2020 Cape Town sailing calendar
• Arguably the most picturesque racing in the country
• A dedicated bridge for each class.
• Free mooring for keelboats in the HBYC Marina – enter early for the best berths!
• Easy launching for dinghies at the revamped slip in the harbour in front of HBYC, and secure dinghy parking behind lock gates with security guards
• Legendary Hout Bay Yacht Club hospitality!
• Fantastic prizes!
This year, the LTC Phoenix Admirals Regatta again promises to be three days of fantastic sailing for the following classes:
• Keelboats – ORC offshore racing class
• Keelboats – PHRF and ORC medium distance sailing class
• Small keelboats – inshore PHRF racing class
• Senior dinghy classes (single or double handed)
• Senior small catamaran classes (single or double handed)
Offshore keelboats, dinghies and inshore keelboats each have their own bridge.
Racing will start with fun afternoon racing for the Offshore keelboat on Friday 20 March. Senior Dinghies, small keelboats & catamarans will all enjoy racing in Hout Bay’s beautiful waters on Saturday 21 and Sunday 22 March.
Enquiries can be mailed to: email@example.com
For more information on how to obtain your free ORC certificate, mail: firstname.lastname@example.org