The Royal Cape Yacht Club is seeking applications for the position of Marina Manager.
This dynamic role will be filled by an individual who displays effective engineering insight, proven team management abilities and independent organizational skills.
The marina manager is responsible for the operations of the RCYC yacht facilities inter alia;
All maintenance staff, the clubs buildings including the marinas, 18ton crane and heavy lift slipway,
The yacht hard standing area, club premises and surrounds, they will be required to negotiate with suppliers and contractors and ensure compliance with the clubs operational procedures.
The successful applicant will be required to participate in meetings with the Outside House committee,
The RCYC is located within the precincts of the Cape Town Harbour and applicants will have to become conversant with the relevant regulations
Previous exposure to the yacht industry will be an advantage but is not essential.
The successful applicant will report to the General Manager:
In order to succeed in this dynamic position, applicants must meet the following minimum competencies:
• Proven Engineering background;
• Solid Projects Management Experience
• Previous exposure to marina/yachting management beneficial;
• Resilient understanding of current SHEQ/OHASA regulations
• Effective manager;
• Excellent problem solving, numerical and administrative skills;
• Enthusiastic, pro-active approach to communication and related administration;
• Excellent organisational skills;
• Fluent in English;
• Able to function well under pressure;
• Well skilled in MS Excel, MS Word and MS Office and later versions;
• Own reliable transport;
• Small Craft Skippers Ticket beneficial.
Interested parties are invited to fax/e-mail a detailed curriculum vitae for the attention of the General Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications submitted after the 15th May 2014 will not be considered.
Should applicants not receive feedback please consider the submission unsuccessful.