by Richard Crockett
The Vasco da Gama Race, due to start at 11h00 this morning has been postponed – until when is anyone’s guess as that decision has not been communicated as far as I can see.
Be that as it may, it gives me an opportunity to post more pics from the Vasco races of yore. So enjoy these.
Maybe it’s worth revisiting the start decision?
Early this morning my spies in Durban tell me that the wind was blowing about 25-30 knots from the South West with rain. But as the morning has progressed I have seen pics of rainbows in the Durban skies, as well as quite large patches of blue sky.
The weather models show that the wind will keep moderating all day, especially the further South down the coast one goes, while a little rain has never harmed a sailor as I have always found that it takes the rough edges off the sea. Plus, it’s preferable to have fresh water running down your spine than salt water! And yes, many years ago I learnt the tricks to avoid that nasty trickle!
Let’s hope that they get on with it soon as the weather is looking like producing conditions conducive to a great race. I am looking forward to following the fleet and will bring you details as and when I can. So stay tunes to this Blog and the SAILING Facebook pages.
Enjoy the pics and please SHARE, LIKE and COMMENT.