Good Day RCLaser Sailors, I think more “Impromptu Regattas” are called for with yesterday proving to be a very enjoyable & competitive morning.
Some stats from the day
- 11 entries on the start line, biggest fleet since the Nationals
- Light north easterly picking up during the morning with some big switches to the east that were great if you got them right!
- Hot Durban summer weather at about 30degC
- Very competitive fleet
- 11 races completed before 13h00
- The new 1 minute start procedure saving 11 minutes in start time and allowing for 11 minutes more racing
- RCL56 Des F a very definite winner for the day. Well done Des
- 2nd, 3rd & 4th all recorded net points of 30 and depending on which tie breaking rules are used the positions change with each one see 3 result sheets
- RCL23 Norrie T & RCL8 Bjorn Hanssen would have been declared 2nd & 3rd with the normal tie breaking rules we use which are Appendix A8.1 & A8.2
- Some “on the water bantering” to keep the fleet honest
- 5 different race winners
- Penalties completed almost all the time!
- What more can I say but remind you that the Summer Series of Thursday afternoons will officially end on March 6th when we will enjoy a braai and few beers after sailing
Until next time