This is open to all dinghies, keelboats and small catamarans!
The 2018 LTC Phoenix Admirals Regatta will be sailed in Hout Bay from 20-22 April and will incorporate Hout Bay Water Week with various water sports enjoying the picturesque playground that is Hout Bay – paddlers, nippers, SUPers and power boaters.
This year, the LTC Phoenix Admirals Regatta promises to be a fantastic three days of sailing, with acclaimed South Africa Race Officer Doug Alison, running racing in all the following classes, as Regatta Director:
• Keelboats – ORC and PHRF offshore racing class
• Keelboats – PHRF cruising class
• Small keelboats – inshore PHRF racing class
• Senior dinghy classes (single or double handed)
• Senior small catamaran classes (single or double handed)
The regatta promised top-class sailing, catering, and entertainment. Racing will start for the keelboats on Friday 20th April, followed by complimentary dinner, registration and a voluntary skippers’ briefing.
The dinghies, small catamarans and keelboats will all enjoy racing on Saturday 21st and Sunday 22nd April in Hout Bay’s beautiful waters. Saturday’s racing will be followed by wonderful social evening upstairs at Hout Bay Yacht Club, and a festive disco and party downstairs for all competitors and their guests.
And here are some great reasons to enter:
• Entry fees are an incredible R200 per keelboat, and R 125 per double-handed dinghy or small multihull and R75 per single-handed dinghy or small multihull – that is nothing!
• Complimentary dinner on Friday night for all competitors and on Sunday at prizegiving
• Free beers and shooters after the John Coles Trophy race on Saturday
• One of the few offshore dinghy events in Cape Town in the 2018 sailing calendar
• Three/two days of the most picturesque racing in the bay and offshore in Hout Bay for keelboats, senior dinghies and small catamarans
• Acclaimed South African Race Director, Doug Alison
• Free mooring for keelboats in the HBYC Marina – enter early for the best berths!
• Easy launching for dinghies at the revamped slip in the harbour in front of HBYC, and secure parking and 24-hour security for all dinghies and small catamarans
• Legendary HBYC hospitality, catering and a big party/disco downstairs under a stretch tent on Saturday night
• Fantastic prizes!
Introducing The Sponsors
Literally Tax Consulting and Phoenix Business Consulting are the sponsors of the Admirals Regatta for five years and are now supporting the regatta for the second year.
LTC have been supporting sailing in the Cape in a big way for the last three years, and their support for the sport, and for the development of Hout Bay, is legendary.