Lorima, one of the leaders in carbon masts and boom manufacturing, joins the Wichard Group, which reinforces its position in the boating industry.
This union is the result of the collaboration between Lorima and Sparcraft – one of the Group subsidiaries – for the rigging equipment supplied on the new foiled Figaro 3. Lorima has achieved a high level expertise in carbon technologies as well as a great knowledge of the ocean offshore racing, maxi yachts and shipyards.
Thanks to its know-how of composites, the Wichard Group continues its acquisition trail and synergies in designing and manufacturing.
The WICHARD GROUP has its head office is based in Thiers, gathers subsidiaries and brands specialized in sailboat deck equipment including:
• Wichard (industrial forging, manufacture of boat deck fittings)
• Profurl (furling systems)
• Sparcraft (design and manufacture of complete mast/rigs)
• Facnor (furling systems).
• Wichard is represented in South Africa by Manex & Power Marine.