On the 19th of January ZVYC is hosting a dinghy boat show. It will run from 09h00 to 14h00. The aim is to have a showcase of the popular and exciting dinghies in South Africa. It is aimed at people who have not been exposed to sailing and might be interested to start, as well as current sailors who maybe looking to change fleets, buy a new boat, or just try something different. The event is for everyone! We will be showcasing boats inside the club as well as offering test rides on the vlei.
The different boats at this event, and particularly, the passionate people who are showcasing those boats is what is going to make this event so special!
So what do we need from you and your class:
• 2 of best the looking boats – One to go in the club on display and one available for test rides.
• 3 people who are passionate about your class – two to stand with the boats on display and be available to talk about the boat, what its like to sail and the culture of the fleet and another to facilitate test sails.
• Information on new boats – Who to contact to buy one, how much they cost, how long it will take to be delivered.
• A list of second hand boats – These should be good to excellent condition boats, all in a similar price range, that are available immediately.
• A basic Spec sheet – optimum crew weight, boat dimensions, number of sails etc.
There is a huge opportunity here to grow your particular class. If you get people who are friendly, knowledgeable and passionate to convey their excitement to new people – that’s how we will grow our sport!
If your class would like to be a part of this and if you have any questions!, contact Sebastian Thompson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The new Must Skiff will be on show together with South African Bruce Keen who is the Must Skiff World Champion.
This is something not to be missed, so please join and share the event on face book: http://www.facebook.com/events/511461142301088/